I come to you, brothers and sisters, a man who has been saved.
I had been lured astray by glitzy interfaces and clever marketing. I sinned, brothers and sisters. I have been a sinner.
But I’m here before you to tell you that Panopto has been there, serving us ably and well, and we need to affirm our love for this tool that is so very important to instruction here at Wichita State University. Lift your voices in song with me, brothers and sisters. And sing the praises of Panopto.
Ahem. Sorry about that. I get a little hyperbolic from time to time.
But, seriously, we are pretty dedicated Panopto users here at Wichita State. Here are some key metrics that just blow my mind. In the past year we have delivered:
- 4881 distinct video presentations
- 272,545 views
- 3,475,934 minutes of video has been delivered/57,932 hours of video delivered (that’s 6.61 years!)
That’s a ridiculous amount of content being delivered. Just staggering. And there are very good reasons for our commitment to Panopto.
- Multi-platform support: Panopto recordings can be created on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android devices.
- Blended Presentations: Panopto videos can include a webcam video, screen capture, and slides
- Non-destructive editing: The online editing tools make it easy to trim your presentations down to just the good stuff, and you’ll never delete something that you need
- Blackboard Integration: while the integration is rudimentary, it’s effective.
If you’re not someone who is using Panopto, and you have any need to create video presentations for your class, Panopto is the solution many of your colleagues are using.
IDT provides some excellent tutorials to help you get started with Panopto — start with Learn Panopto.
Then tell your friends and colleagues that you’ve seen the light. All Hail Panopto!