The purpose of this Student Support Manual is to provide you with a manual of student support content that you can make available to your students. The contents of this manual help meet quality assurance standards for online classes. By ensuring that students have access to this information early in the course, online students will be better informed of the support services available to them as online students at Wichita State University.
Areas in this manual do not need to be edited by you before students access the material. Follow the instructions below to download the Student Support Manual and import it into your .DEV Shell or your online course.
- Download the Student Support Manual Here
- PLEASE NOTE: The Student Support Manual is contained in a .ZIP File. DO NOT unzip this file.
- Without unzipping the file, save the download to your computer.
- Open the Blackboard course or .DEV Shell that you would like to place the Student Support Manual in.
- Open the Control Panel in the bottom, left-hand corner.
- Open the “Packages and Utilities” drop-down menu. Then, select “Import Package/View Logs.”
- Select the “Import Package” button.
- Browse your computer for the Course Specific Manual .ZIP File that you saved to your computer in Step #2 and select it.
- Under “Select Organization Materials,” select “Content Areas.”
- Select “Submit.”
- After a few minutes, refresh the page. You should now see a content area titled “Course Specific Manual” on your left-hand navigation bar.
If you’d like to see an example of how to Import/Export Content into Blackboard, take a look at our tutorial video.