The purpose of this Course-Specific Manual is to provide you with a template for introductory content that you can make available to your students. The contents of this manual help meet quality assurance standards for online classes. By ensuring that students have access to this information early in the course, online students will be better prepared for the individual purpose, feel, and content of your course.
In our own courses, we will often title this manual after the course title (e.g. “ENGL 101 Handbook” or “ENGL 210 Manual”). Areas in this manual will have to be edited by you before students should access the material. Follow the instructions below to download the Course Specific Manual and import it into your .DEV Shell or your online course.
- Download the Course-Specific Manual
- PLEASE NOTE: The Course-Specific Manual is contained in a .ZIP File. DO NOT unzip this file.
- Without unzipping the file, save the download to your computer.
- Open the Blackboard course or .DEV Shell that you would like to place the Course-Specific Manual in.
- Open the Control Panel in the bottom, left-hand corner.
- Open the “Packages and Utilities” drop-down menu. Then, select “Import Package/View Logs.”
- Select the “Import Package” button.
- Browse your computer for the Course-Specific Manual .ZIP File that you saved to your computer in Step #2 and select it.
- Under “Select Organization Materials,” select “Content Areas.”
- Select “Submit.”
- After a few minutes, refresh the page. You should now see a content area titled “Course-Specific Manual” on your left-hand navigation bar.
If you’d like to see an example of how to Import/Export Content into Blackboard, take a look at our tutorial video.