Has the recent notice about “Friendly Audits” made you worry about a visit from the Spanish Inquisition? Put your fears at rest! The Friendly Audit program recently undertaken at Wichita State will not be a “gotcha” experience. Instead, it’s an opportunity for professors who teach in online and hybrid environments to learn about, and gain access to, university support services.
Here are the 5 things you need to know about this process:
- We are guided by the strategic plan, HLC requirements, and legal standards for online delivery of educational content.
- We are using Quality Matters principles, but these are not full QM reviews.
- We are also evaluating courses to assess whether the content provided in WSU online/hybrid courses is fundamentally equivalent to the content students receive in face-to-face courses. The term to look for here is “parity,” and we will be talking about parity a lot in the coming months.
- The standards used in evaluations have been sent out via email. If you need a copy, please contact IDT.
- If your course is reviewed, you will receive a completed audit form, probably via email in late spring.
We are undertaking this massive effort for a variety of reasons, but ultimately, it will help us identify the ways we can serve you better. If you have any questions at all, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.