Visual content includes pictures, clip art, SmartArt graphics, shapes, groups, charts, embedded objects, ink, and videos. Alt text helps people who can’t see the screen to understand what’s important in images and other visuals.
Avoid using text in images as the sole method of conveying important information. If you must use an image with text in it, repeat that text in the document. In alt text, briefly describe the image and mention the existence of the text and its intent.
- Add alt text to images in Microsoft Excel
- Add alt text to SmartArt graphics in Microsoft Excel
- Add alt text to shapes in Microsoft Excel
- Add alt text to PivotCharts in Microsoft Excel
- Add alt text to tables in Microsoft Excel