To import a template:
- Download from the links found at the bottom of this page.
(Be sure not to “un-zip” the file. If you un-zip the file, it will be worthless to you. Some computers, especially Macs, will un-zip files automatically. If your computer is a Mac and wants to un-zip your file for you, go to to Safari > Preferences > General, and then uncheck the box next to the sentence “open safe files after downloading.”)
- Import the Template into your WSU Course.
- Move and delete the Blackboard menu items to suit your needs.
To use a template:
- Before you open your class to students, please fill out any necessary information in “Start Here” (in the left-hand menu) and delete any unnecessary course information/areas. Consult our training on creating and managing menu items.
- Load in any of your necessary student content. For a refresher on loading content, go here.
- If you are unsure how to re-arrange your menu, check out this training.
- Within “Course Content” you will find 16 modules. You can change “module” to “unit” or “week” as it suits you by editing the title. Please add the objectives for each module/unit/week if you are using them by using the “edit” feature.
- Delete any unused “module” areas.
- If you are using Panopto, please remember to provision your course.
The general university template can be used by any professor. Some departments and/or programs have requested that Instructional Design and Technology (IDT) create template files for them. If you do not see a template for your department/program and want one, please contact IDT at IDT@wichita.edu and we will work with you. Otherwise, you are free to use the “General Use Course Template” above.
- General University Template click here to download
- Hybrid MBA click here to download
- Criminal Justice (Grad and Undergrad) click here to download (original artwork)
- DNP Template click here to download
- AGE Program Template click here to download
- Badge Template click here to download
- MPA Online/Hybrid click here to download