We have seen this problem intermittently this fall.
To fix it:
- Scroll down to “Course Management” and then click on “Customization.”
- From there choose “Teaching Style.”
- Under the heading called “Select Menu Style” you will see that you can change the color of the background or the font on the course menu.
- Next to “Background Color,” you can choose any color other than black by clicking the down arrow next to the black square.
- Then choose “apply” and scroll to the bottom of the “Teaching Style” area and choose “submit.”